Starting at July 19, 2020, WhatsApp is refreshing its WhatsApp Opt-in strategy for business started messages through WhatsApp Business API. As indicated by this new approach, pick in through WhatsApp and IVR (Interactive Voice Response) is acceptable.
Key Changes in the Opt-in policy:
- No longer a 3rd party platform is mandatory for obtaining opt-in.
- Opt-in permission has to be obtained in-line and contextually during the relevant user flows
- A visual element (e.g. a checkbox) next to the WhatsApp name and logo, with adjacent language stating the type of information to be messaged.
- Providing the ability to edit the WhatsApp number used for the opt-in
Organizations can send a select in message through WhatsApp by adhering to guidelines:
- A clear message should be sent to the customer stating that they are accepting to opt-in to receive messages on WhatsApp.
- Stating the business name.
- Follow all applicable laws.
Two better approaches to get WhatsApp Opt-in
WhatsApp opt-In as we probably aware, is the brand’s method of requesting the customer’s permision for sending messages/notice over WhatsApp. Till now marks hosted to depend on third get-together stages for getting assent, yet not any longer.
Presenting Opt-in over WhatsApp and IVR. Let’s have a look
1. Opt-in Over WhatsApp message
Organizations can communicate something specific on WhatsApp inquiring as to whether the client might want to get a message on WhatsApp. In the event that the client answers YES, pick in is viewed as gotten.
Advantages of having opt in on WhatsApp Chatbot
- No different Landing Page Required: Before, it was compulsory to have a greeting page for informing on WhatsApp promotions. Not any longer! You can straightforwardly message your clients requesting Opt-in
- Efficient device: Removing the awkward cycle of experiencing various connections for selecting in and afterward being diverted to WhatsApp business, would enable your client to spare a ton of time
- Single Platform for informing and getting Opt-in: No additionally spending on various stages for getting select in. Simply message the client on WhatsApp, and get in Opt-in.
- More choices: Businesses can send now select in more than 2 additional mediums joined with the current ways.
2. Opt- in Over IVR
Business can IVR blast, for example, ” If you would like to receive account update on WhatsApp, it would be ideal if you press 1 in any case press 2″.
In the event that the client consider option 1 , It is consider it as a opt-in.
Advantages of having WhatsApp pick in over IVR
- No Landing Page Required: Because of presenting IVR, engineers don’t need to sit around idly in making a point of arrival requesting Opt-in. Also, why make a point of arrival, when it very well may be done over a call.
- Life hack: Users don’t need to experience various connections for getting diverted to WhatsApp, this would spare clients time as well as designers.
- Higher Call Pickup rate: Most of the time we normally pick our calls, regardless of whether we postpone seeing messages, brands can use this for IVR calls.
How to Opt-out?
Organizations need to give clear guidelines to customers to opt-out, now that the opt-in has gotten simpler. This would guarantee quality informing in WhatsApp and evacuate spamming. On the off chance that the customer state no in the above situation, an email affirmation expressing the client has quit from informing. Another path is to give quit is through WhatsApp text informing.