WhatsApp is an instant messaging app that allows users to exchange text messages, photos, videos and audio files. The app was founded by Jan Koum and Brian Acton in 2009 and acquired by Facebook in 2014 for US$19 billion. By the end of 2016, WhatsApp had more than 1.5 billion monthly active users (MAUs) worldwide and continues to grow rapidly by adding more than 200 million new MAUs every month (source: Statista). Financial services companies can leverage this enormous user base to improve their business strategy by using WhatsApp features such as status updates or live chat functionality on their websites or within mobile apps.
WhatsApp is the easiest and fastest way to connect with your customers
If you’re looking for a fast, easy way to connect with your customers, WhatsApp is the perfect solution. It is a free messaging app that is available on both Android and iOS. It has over 1.5 billion active users worldwide, making it one of the most widely used messaging apps in the world. With WhatsApp’s massive reach, it’s no surprise that many companies have begun using this platform as an additional channel for customer service.
WhatsApp features that are ideal for financial services
The main advantages of WhatsApp in financial services are:
- WhatsApp is free to use, and is available on both desktop and mobile. This means it can be accessed by all types of people, no matter their location or device. It also makes it accessible for users with limited data plans or internet access, as the app itself uses very little data to run. Furthermore, the fact that WhatsApp itself is used by more than 1.5 billion people every month means that there are very few barriers to entry when it comes to spreading brand awareness through this platform. The fact that this number has grown significantly over recent years (with new users being added at a rate of 250 million per year) indicates that the growth potential for businesses using this messaging service is huge!
Big wins from leveraging WhatsApp in your finance company
WhatsApp can be leveraged in financial services to help you achieve:
- Increase customer engagement and satisfaction with real-time updates, including when they make a purchase, receive their order and more.
- Improve sales by offering customers product updates and special offers.
- Improve customer service by allowing clients to easily contact you if they have any queries or questions about the company or its products.
- Enhance the overall customer experience by providing support via WhatsApp while they’re shopping with you at home or work, on mobile or desktop.
Well-known brands that are using WhatsApp in their business strategy
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app in the world, with over a billion users. This means that if you’re not using it as part of your business strategy, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to reach new customers and retain existing ones. In addition to WhatsApp’s ubiquity, there are other benefits that make it an attractive communication channel for financial services organizations:
- It works internationally. WhatsApp is popular all over the world—it even has more users than Facebook Messenger or WeChat! If you want to connect with customers in another country (or across borders), WhatsApp can help you do so at low cost and with high efficiency.
- It doesn’t require language skills or internet access. WhatsApp transcends language barriers because messages are sent via text rather than voice—you don’t need any special software or hardware, just a smartphone with internet access and some basic literacy skills; anyone can use WhatsApp!
Get started with WhatsApp for business today!
- Start by creating your WhatsApp business account:
- Add a profile picture and description:
- Add a contact number, website and sticker pack:
- Add a profile banner:
- Add a WhatsApp bot to chat with users (if enabled):
Financial services can leverage WhatsApp to improve customer service, accelerate customer engagement, and boost sales.
As a financial services professional, you know that customer service is the lifeline of your business. You also know that it’s critical to be able to reach customers and engage with them at every stage of the sales cycle. WhatsApp is fast becoming one of the most popular messaging apps around—and for good reason: It’s free, easy to use, and has more than one billion users worldwide.
There are several ways that WhatsApp can help your organization improve customer service by facilitating communication between customers and agents (or between agents themselves), as well as increasing engagement through proactive outreach campaigns. In addition to this, WhatsApp can be used as a platform for boosting sales by helping you identify potential leads before they even reach out for assistance with their finances or insurance needs.
In conclusion, it’s clear that WhatsApp has the potential to transform your financial services company. It can help you connect with customers in a more personal way. It can give them access to an easy-to-use platform where they can get their questions answered and even make purchases on their own time (and from their phone). And it can even boost sales by providing an extra layer of convenience that makes it easier than ever before for customers to do business with you.